Vitamin D Home Test Kit
|Test Details for Ordering|
|Test||Vitamin D Home Test Kit (VIT D(25-OH) TEST)|
|Sample required||Dried blood spot technology|
|To order this test, please, go to Ordering Tests. |
Please, make sure you have read When not to use this website to ascertain whether having this test is an appropriate and safe course of action for you.
This is a Home Test Kit. The idea is that this will be done independently of my office and is for patients' own information.
City Assays offer a home test kit for Vitamin D using dried blood spot technology. The work is performed in their NHS Vitamin D laboratory - this laboratory also offers a national Vitamin D service for the NHS in the United Kingdom. Liquid chromatography mass spectrometry is used to measure the Vitamin D in your blood. Measurements of Vitamin D2 and D3 are made and City Assays report the Total and D2 and D3 results with their own interpretation.
- Request a collection kit by phone using a debit or credit card at the time you order
- Kits are sent to you by first class post or Airmail
- Follow the simple instructions and send back using the pre-paid envelope supplied (overseas users need to affix air mail postage)
- City Assays aim to send you results within 5 working days from the time they receive your sample
- You receive results as a pdf attached to an email with City Assay's own interpretation
Orders for kits after 1st July 2014: £28 to UK/Ireland, Overseas (please contact the office)
Further details can be found here - City Assays webpage on Vitamin D Home Test Kit