- An important aim of this website is to give people direct access to medical tests to help them to diagnose and manage their own problems.
- The tests on this website are only available to UK residents. The only exception is the Mitochondrial Function Profile, which is available worldwide.
- Test pages can be viewed from the list below or from the articles to which they are linked.
- This website works on trust. There are no disclaimers; that is to say that I trust you to use this site responsibly and you must trust my staff and me to give you the best possible service. Human error is always possible but we bear full responsibility for any advice or recommendations that we make to you, based on the information we receive.
- Please, make sure you have read the page When not to use this website
- If you cannot find the test you wish to have, please send me an email with all the test details you have and I will tell you if I can organise it for you.
- Test prices may change from time to time without prior announcement and in line with the changes made by the laboratories performing the tests.
Placing an order
- If you choose to correspond with my office by email, please, ensure that the email addresses of my secretaries are added to your "safe addresses" list. We have now had many cases of messages with attachments (my letter and your results) not reaching the recipient's Inbox. Around the time when your letter is due, you should also check your JUNK and SPAM folders, in case the message was diverted there.
The email addresses from which your letter and results are most likely to be emailed are:
- Out of courtesy, please inform your GP that you are having some tests done through this website. I will be sending him a copy of the result in every case.
- The ordering process and the fees are described in Ordering Tests.
- The tests described on this website require a doctor's referral. When you order a test through my website, I will refer you for that test. This means I will provide you with the test kit and the laboratory's request form (which will have my name on it as the "referring doctor"). Please, do not contact the laboratories directly for a test kit.
What happens after you have sent the samples to the laboratory
- The test result(s) will come to me and I will write to your GP with an interpretation of the result(s). You will receive a copy of my letter and a copy of the result(s). If the test result is positive, I may make brief recommendations for treatment and also indicate what further investigations or treatments I would consider useful. The quality of my letter and any advice that I give will be much better if I have details of your health problems. This information will provide the context for my interpretation of the results. The easiest way to supply such information is by completing and returning to me a medical questionnaire - see Ordering Tests for more information on how to do it.
- When I recommend a prescription only medication in my letter to your GP, the hope is that your GP will be able to help with that treatment. If this is not possible, I may be able to prescribe this for you, but only with your GP's full knowledge. This means that I would be writing to your GP again informing him/her of what I am doing. There is normally a fee for my time in doing so.
- If you have any questions about the ordering process or the availability of tests not listed on this website, please send your enquiry to Hania.
Pages in category "Tests"
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total.