This is a copy of my message posted on the Main Page in the News section. I am reposting it here because it affects your ability to order tests.
I am currently experiencing a very heavy work load and an exceptionally high number of referrals from other doctors, self referrals, other requests for advice and interpretation of test results. I simply cannot deal with demand. This means I have no other option but to suspend all advice, appointments and test orders to those to whom I refer as "new patients". If you are a "new patient", i.e. you have never received advice from me before (by way of a face-to-face or a telephone consultation, or a letter of advice based on a questionnaire, or an interpretation of your test results), then any such first requests for advice and first test orders cannot currently be accepted.
I believe this is due to the recent book we published about CFS. This book is available to buy from my online shop Sales at Dr Myhill: CFS - it's mitochondria, not hypochondria and many answers lie within!
If you need help from a doctor, then please go to the website of the British Society for Ecological Medicine to find a doctor interested and practising environmental medicine.
I shall review the situation in January 2015 and perhaps then will be able to accept new patients. Please, keep an eye on this website Dr Myhill.co.uk. Of course, I will continue to see and treat all current patients i.e. those who have had previous contact with me and already received advice from me.
Correspondence by email
If you choose to correspond with my office by email, please, ensure that the email addresses of my secretaries are added to your "safe addresses" list. We have now had many cases of messages with attachments (my letter and your results) not reaching the recipient's Inbox. Around the time when your letter is due, you should also check your JUNK and SPAM folders, in case the message was diverted there.
The email addresses from which your letter and results are most likely to be emailed are:
Avoiding nutritional supplements before the test
I am often asked whether any nutritional supplements should be discontinued prior to the tests. There is no need to stop the supplements you are taking; however, it is important to list the current supplements in the questionnaire so that I am aware of your nutritional regime. Where you are healthwise on your current supplement regime is going to be the baseline. After all, if your current supplement regime was giving you the level of wellbeing that you were satisfied with, you would not be paying for more tests. Thinking logically, what you are taking is not sufficient and the tests will identify the weak spots in the regime you are following.
- The tests on this website are only available to UK residents. The only exception is the Mitochondrial Function Profile, which is available worldwide. If this test is requested, then the DNA adducts and/or the Translocator protein studies tests are made available on the basis of the findings of the Mitochondrial Function Profile. Please, request further information from my office about this offer.
- If in my letter I recommend further tests to investigate your condition and they cannot be done locally to where you live, then you will be able to order these tests through my office. However, we will not proceed with the tests for which samples cannot be reliably guaranteed to reach the laboratory in viable, satisfactory condition. This is to avoid a financial loss to you.
- If you are sending blood samples for the Mitochondrial function profile from outside the UK, please read the page Mitochondrial function profile for overseas CFS sufferers - how to get it done
How do I order tests?
The ordering process is as follows:
- Fill in the appropriate medical questionnaire.
- There are two versions to choose from and you will find them from the Medical questionnaires page.
- List the test(s) you wish to order.
- The questionnaire is also your order page. At the bottom you will find a space where you will list the test(s) you want by copying and pasting the relevant details from the test page(s). The questionnaire gives more details of how to do this.
- Send the completed medical questionnaire including the test order to my office.
- Email: Lyn on email@example.com Please, enter TEST ORDER in the subject of your email.
- Fax number: 01547 550 339
- Postal address: Upper Weston, Llangunllo, Knighton, Powys LD7 1SL
- Calculate the cost of your order and make the payment. Payment in full is required before a test kit is posted. (see below for details of cost)
- If you have any questions about the ordering process or the availability of tests not listed on this website, please send your enquiry to Lyn.
Turn around times - important points to bear in mind
- Most test kits are posted from my office with Royal Mail. Some are posted directly from the laboratory (such as Genova Diagnostics UK). We order these kits on receipt of your payment.
- There is no express service for the delivery of test kits.
- For UK addresses please allow up to 10 working days (a fortnight in real time) to receive the test kit(s) from the time your payment and your completed Medical Questionnaire are received at the office.
- For overseas addresses, allow longer as the length of time depends on the local postal services.
- Test kits will be posted/shipped to the address you have provided in the questionnaire, and not to your doctor.
Interpretation of test results
- I am a sole practitioner and divide my working time between consultations with patients, correspondence and analysis of test results. I am not able to offer an express service for the interpretation of test results.
- Most test results take 7 - 10 days to come back from the labs. Some, such as CDSA, take up to 3 weeks.
- When your test results arrive back from the laboratories, the work on your file will be scheduled in the diary in strictly chronological order. The waiting time may be several weeks. You are welcome to contact my office and find out the date on which your letter will be dictated. Then the letter will need to be typed, checked and signed before it's ready for sending out.
How much will it cost?
Total cost of the service
- The total cost of the service is made up of
- the price of the test(s) ordered and
- the fee for my letter of interpretation and advice.
- please, note that there is a fee for CREDIT CARD payments. This is £3 for orders costing £150 or less and 2% of the value of the transaction for orders costing more than £150.
- please, also note that there is a fee of £7 for INTERNATIONAL BANK TRANSFER payments. This is to cover the charges banks levy at our business for such transactions.
- Test prices are published on individual test pages.
- The word “interpretation” in the phrase “interpretation fee” is really a short-cut for “a detailed letter of advice based on the test result interpreted in the context of all the information provided to me in the questionnaire”. Consequently, the better the questionnaire, the more accurate my letter will be. My interpretation fee for one test result (or for the first test result in a batch of tests ordered at the same time) is £90. You are requested to pay this and the cost of your test(s) in the usual way before the kits are sent out.
- An important factor which affects the length of time I need to dictate my letter is the amount of information you send me. Naturally, I need more time to read a very detailed account of a long history of ill-health and review a considerable number of earlier NHS or private test results. The interpretation fee needs to reflect this. Once the result of your test is back, I will work on your file and if the work takes me longer than 30 minutes, there will be an additional fee not exceeding £45.
- You will be asked on the questionnaire to confirm that you will meet such an extra interpretation cost.
- If you order several tests at the same time, I will write to your GP one letter discussing all the results. The fee for my letter will be: £90 for the first test result (as above) plus £22.50 for each additional test result.
- The examples below are based on current prices.
- In each case there is the proviso that the interpretation fee may be higher than the initial amount charged.
If you order one test only, for instance Thyroid profile: free T3, free T4 and TSH, then the total cost of the service will be:
- test price - £51 plus
- interpretation fee - £90
- Total - £141
If you order several tests together, such as, for instance:
- Co-enzyme Q10 at £48
- Thyroid profile: free T3, free T4 and TSH at £51
- Lymphocyte sensitivity to silicone at £81
- Short chain fatty acids at £48
- Adrenal stress profile - salivary at £74
then the costing will be like this:
- cost of tests - £302
- interpretation fee - £90 + 4x £22.50 = £180
- Total - £482
If you order several tests together, and one of them is the Mitochondrial Function Profile:
- Mitochondrial Function Profile at £230
- Thyroid profile: free T3, free T4 and TSH at £51 and
- Lymphocyte sensitivity to silicone at £81
then the costing will be like this:
- cost of tests - £362
- interpretation fee - £90 + £22.50 + £22.50 = £135
- Total - £497
Queries about the ordering process can be sent to Hania
How do I pay for the test(s)?
You need to pay in full for your tests and my letter of interpretation to your GP before test kits are sent out. The following payment methods are available:
online BACS payment
- to Barclays Account Number 90234265, Sort Code 20.61.08
international bank transfer
- IBAN - GB06 BARC 2061 0890 2342 65
- SWIFTBIC - BARCGB22
Please, note that we will charge a fee of £7 for INTERNATIONAL BANK TRANSFER payments. This is to cover the amount that banks deduct from the sum being transferred across borders.
- We offer a secure payment option for paying with a credit or debit card – PayByLink. If you choose to pay for your test order by card, we will email you our invoice as well as a link to a secure page provided by CARDSAVE on which you will be able to enter your card details and make the payment.
- please, note that there is a fee for CREDIT CARD payments as set out above in Total cost of the service
payment by cheque
- Please, send your cheque and order details (name, address and tests ordered) to Sarah Myhill Limited, Upper Weston, Llangunllo, Knighton, Powys LD7 1SL. Cheques should be made payable to Sarah Myhill Limited
How to cancel your order?
If you decide not to proceed with your order for a test/tests please let the office know as soon as possible. I will refund the full cost of test(s) and the letter to your GP, less an administration charge of £10, providing that the laboratory has not already performed the test/tests.
Sarah Myhill Limited :: Registered in England and Wales :: Registration No. 4545198
Registered Office: Upper Weston, Llangunllo, Knighton, Powys, Wales LD7 1SL, UK.
Tel 01547 550331 (Office hours are Monday to Friday 9.15am to 3.00pm)
Fax 01547 550339 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org