How to contact us
The idea of this website is to provide people with all the necessary information together with access to tests to allow them to treat their own illnesses by identifying the underlying processes that are resulting in their ill health. The majority of people that follow this route recover without consulting me directly.
I will do my best to offer new patient consultations to people who have got stuck along the way because their problem does not resolve simply. However if I am overloaded, as is usually the case, then go to the list of practitioners of Ecological Medicine by visiting the website of The British Society for Ecological Medicine (BSEM). A list of such practitioners (who specialise in allergy, environmental and nutritional medicine) is also published on this website – Practitioners of Ecological Medicine.
This combined approach is the most time efficient and cost efficient way of helping as many people as I can! Much of the basic approach (see The general approach to maintaining and restoring good health) does not require medical input and many people recover their health simply by putting these recommendations in place.
If you find your problem is not addressed by this website, please let me know so I can put in the relevant information.
Acute medical problems
Please, do not send me inquiries about acute medical problems, i.e. sudden serious symptoms. I am not in a position to reply to each query personally and give medical advice. I am the only doctor in my practice and cannot be available 24/7. If you are experiencing unusual or new symptoms which worry you, you must report them to your GP/medical practitioner and/or to your local hospital Accident and Emergency Department.
You can contact me or members of my team by:
- General administrative questions, such as requests for appointments - Caroline
- Financial enquiries - Laura
- supplement orders, prescribable medication orders, inquiries about availability of supplements and medications - Helen,
- Letters of support for DLA, ESA etc. - Caroline
- your medical/clinical questions, including questions about tests, can be sent to me - Dr Sarah Myhill. I can respond to brief questions directly, but if your query is complex and I need to review your file before dictating my advice, then I shall pass your enquiry on to my secretaries for practical arrangements. There is a standard fee for this service, which is £40 per 15 minutes of my time - you must trust me to be honest with time keeping! This fee will increase to £45 per 15 minutes from 1st July 2014.
It is worth bearing in mind that answers to very many questions can be found on the pages of this website and/or in my book Diagnosis and Treatment of CFS
- Letter to: Dr Sarah Myhill, Upper Weston, Llangunllo, Knighton, Powys LD7 1SL
- Telephone - the office number is 01547 550 331 Monday to Friday 9:15 am to 3:00 pm
- Fax to 01547 550 339