How to contact us
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FEBRUARY 2015
I am currently experiencing a very heavy work load and an exceptionally high number of referrals from other doctors, self referrals, other requests for advice and interpretation of test results. I simply cannot deal with demand. This means that I have no other option but to suspend all advice, appointments and test orders to those to whom I refer as "new patients". If you are a "new patient", i.e. you have never received advice from me before (by way of a face-to-face or a telephone consultation, or a letter of advice based on a questionnaire, or an interpretation of your test results), then any such first requests for advice and first test orders cannot currently be accepted. Current patients can access my advice and book appointments as usual.
Please watch this space for updates.
I believe this is due to the recent book we published about CFS. This book is available to buy from my online shop Sales at Dr Myhill: CFS - it's mitochondria, not hypochondria and many answers lie within!
If you need help from a doctor, then please go to the website of the British Society for Ecological Medicine to find a doctor interested in and practising environmental medicine.
END OF SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
The idea of this website is to provide people with all the necessary information together with access to tests to allow them to treat their own illnesses by identifying the underlying processes that are resulting in their ill health. The majority of people that follow this route recover without consulting me directly.
I will do my best to offer new patient consultations to people who have got stuck along the way because their problem does not resolve simply. However if I am overloaded, as is usually the case, then go to the list of practitioners of Ecological Medicine by visiting the website of The British Society for Ecological Medicine (BSEM). A list of such practitioners (who specialise in allergy, environmental and nutritional medicine) is also published on this website – Practitioners of Ecological Medicine.
This combined approach is the most time efficient and cost efficient way of helping as many people as I can! Much of the basic approach (see The general approach to maintaining and restoring good health) does not require medical input and many people recover their health simply by putting these recommendations in place.
If you find your problem is not addressed by this website, please let me know so I can put in the relevant information.
Acute medical problems
Please, do not send me inquiries about acute medical problems, i.e. sudden serious symptoms. I am not in a position to reply to each query personally and give medical advice. I am the only doctor in my practice and cannot be available 24/7. If you are experiencing unusual or new symptoms which worry you, you must report them to your GP/medical practitioner and/or to your local hospital Accident and Emergency Department.
You can contact me or members of my team by:
- General administrative questions, such as requests for appointments - Caroline
- Financial enquiries - Laura
- supplement orders, prescribable medication orders, inquiries about availability of supplements and medications - Helen,
- Letters of support for DLA, ESA etc. - Caroline
- your medical/clinical questions, including questions about tests, can be sent to me - Dr Sarah Myhill. I can respond to brief questions directly, but if your query is complex and I need to review your file before dictating my advice, then I shall pass your enquiry on to my secretaries for practical arrangements. There is a standard fee for this service, which is £45 per 15 minutes of my time - you must trust me to be honest with timekeeping!
It is worth bearing in mind that answers to very many questions can be found on the pages of this website and/or in my recent book Diagnosis and Treatment of CFS - it's mitochondria, not hypochondria
- Letter to: Dr Sarah Myhill, Upper Weston, Llangunllo, Knighton, Powys LD7 1SL
- Telephone - the office number is 01547 550 331 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:30 am to 2.30 pm
- Fax to 01547 550 339