Workshops for Ecological Medicine
****UPDATE - DUE TO BEING INUNDATED WITH REQUESTS, FOR THE TIME BEING THERE IS A PAUSE IN MAKING FIRM
BOOKINGS BUT PLEASE DO CONTACT me on firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in setting up a session and please include where in the country you are and whether you are happy for your contact details to be disclosed below.****
Dr Myhill’s Travelling Workshops for Ecological Medicine
Aims – I have got to the stage where the initial work-up to treat CFS/ME is standard and well covered in our books. What I need to do now is to show people how to go about self-management ie teach people how to heal themselves.
Bringing you the roadmaps for the treatment of any illness from CFS and ME to cancer and dementia.
The idea is not that I shall be advising individuals on their own individual health problems but rather that I shall be teaching people the strategy of how they can sort themselves out and access the necessary tools for recovery. I envisage having 12-16 people in each workshop.
The word ‘doctor’ is derived from the Latin ‘docere’ (to teach) and so I am, at last, living up to my title!
How the day will work
- I will provide all participants with an A3 sheet of paper with a blank management plan. This will link to chapters in my books so it is clear where you can find further background on each subject. There should be room within each box to develop and record your personal management plan. I will have spare copies if people need them.
- I will send the management plans electronically to the organisers in advance who can pass this onto participants- - so you will know what to expect.
- I will guide all participants through this so that by the end of the day each participant will have their own personalised plan for recovery. You just need to bring a pen.
- If you have had any tests done, then please bring the results along
- I will also bring a list of resources (books, supplements etc) so you can tick off what you need, as we work through the day, and perhaps purchase the necessary on the day.
- I shall not be using computers or wifi as I am very aware of the problems of electrical sensitivity.
- We need a comfortable room where we can all sit down with space for some to lie horizontal.
- I am very happy to sit on the floor (I like sitting on the floor!) and I will bring a bean bag for me
- During the day I will look at your management plans to make sure you have got the gist!
- I will arrive early in my camper van, park outside, cook my breakfast, walk Nancy, do emails (please do not disturb!) until…
- 8.45 I will arrive officially! Set up.
- Start at 9am. I will start talking then. I shall not wait for late comers! I will start with the overall strategy, move on to symptoms based on what you, the participants, describe. I shall explain what they mean (mechanisms) and move on to treatments.
- 12.45 – I shall disappear to check on Nancy and have a break in my camper van. Again, please do not disturb. This is a time for lunch and rest.
- 1.30 – restart where we left off.
- At any stage interrupt, ask questions. It is no good me waffling on if I have left someone behind! Anyone is welcome to record the meeting.
- 3.30 I shall stop talking! 30 mins for anyone to purchase books or whatever. I shall have a mobile card reader for credit card payments and for this we would have to turn wifi on. If this is not possible then please bring cash.
- 4.00 I shall leave in my camper van. I will be strict on time because I too need to pace my activities!
- Please bring your own water and food (or liaise with organiser).
- Please respect the organisers who are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts!
By the end of the day
- All attendees will have an understanding of WHAT their symptoms mean, WHY they have those symptoms and HOW to treat the underlying causes
- The treatments are logical, available to us all and affordable.
- All treatments are detailed in our books “Ecological Medicine” [due out January 2020], "Diagnosis and Treatment of CFS and ME - it's mitochondria, not hypochondria!", "The Infection Game - life is an arms race", "Prevent and Cure Diabetes - delicious diets not dangerous drugs", and "The PK Cookbook - go Paleo ketogenic and get the best of both worlds".
- I will bring copies should anyone wish to purchase. However.....
- Purchasing "Ecological Medicine" (cost approx £30) is essential for all participants since this contains the course work!
What I expect from attendees
- I am running these workshops to teach strategy. Getting well is a “game” – I can teach you the rules of the game but you have to play it yourself with all the resources you can muster. I cannot micro-manage each attendee! I shall not be doing any private consultation with individuals. But you will pick up much by listening to the individual case histories and test interpretations and fill in your own management plan as we go on.
- I can show you how to do DIY finger-prick blood tests which can be sent to laboratories. Details of how to interpret these are in our book, Ecological Medicine.
- Attending these workshops does not make you one of my patients. I cannot take responsibility for your management and I cannot field subsequent emails as I would be overwhelmed!
- However, I do expect participants to use and perhaps sign up to Natural Health Worldwide where they can find further help from experienced patients, qualified health professionals and medical doctors who are accepting new patients.
- Also, I would expect any practitioners who attend one of these workshops to sign up to Natural Health Worldwide. It is totally free and here is the link to register - Natural Health Worldwide Practitioner Sign up
Resources I shall bring on the day
|Our books (authors SM and Craig Robinson) SeeSales at Dr Myhill Website Book Page||Cost (no p and p) on the day|
|“Ecological Medicine – the antidote to Big Pharma”. This contains most of the course work and is our magnum opus! 79 chapters and 5 appendices covering General Medicine. The first edition Sustainable medicine won the Beryl Bainbridge prize. If you wish to prepare for this workshop, then purchase in advance. It is due out Jan 2020.||£30 (I think!)|
|“Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME - -it’s mitochondria not hypochondria”. British Medical Association Book Awards 2015 - highly commended.||£13|
|“The Infection Game” – many cases of ME and all chronic pathology have an infectious driver. This book explains how one can improve the immune defences and which strategies can get rid of these nasty infections||£12|
|“The Paleo-Ketogenic Cookbook” – the nitty gritty of the PK diet||£12|
|“Diabetes – delicious diets not dangerous drugs”. How to cure diabetes through diet and supplements. Why the PK diet is so essential||£12|
..........and a range of the most popular nutritional supplements! (Whatever I can lug!)
All else availible at Sales at Dr Myhillwhere you can also see a picture of me with my best friend Nancy
How to get your group of people together
You can do this on your own, of course - anyone and everyone is 'eligible' to come.
Or you could join this Facebook group, run by Craig Robinson, where you will find like-minded people -- Dr Myhill's Travelling Workshops Facebook Group
How to book me
- If you are interested in running a day then you need to:
- Book a day with me accompanied by £250 (this is to cover my expenses including house sitting). Please email me(email@example.com) - and use the subject line 'Booking Dr Myhill's Travelling Workshop for Ecological Medicine' NOTE - this £250 covers the whole party for the whole day - so if 10 people come, that is £25 each for the whole day, if 16 people come that is about £16 each for the whole day.
- Arrange for people to come – as many or as few as you like.
- Send me details of venue and where I can park my campervan (not too far away from the venue!). Again, please email me.
- I shall travel in a camper van (with dog and opportunity for walks) to an area and aim to conduct 3 workshops in a week on the Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
When to book me
- I shall do my travelling workshops for one week every month, starting in January 2020
- In those weeks, I will do the workshops on the Monday, Wednesday and Friday. [Normally!]
- The dates will be determined on a first come first served basis like this:
- Organisers get in touch with me directly via the email address above
- When I have received a firm booking, I will block out that week to be my 'travelling workshop week' for that month
- I will keep my bookings list as up to date as I can below
- Please do contact the organiser for events which are NOT marked as FULLY BOOKED or PRIVATE
- Where PRIVATE appears, this means that we do not have the permission [as yet] of the organiser to disclose their contact details.
- TO BE ARRANGED / CONFIRMED - contact the organiser if interested
|Date||Day||Venue||Organiser (where organiser has given permission to disclose)||Contact details (where organiser has given permission to disclose)|
|8th January||Wednesday||North Wales||Karen Raleigh NOW FULLY BOOKED||NOW FULLY BOOKED|
|10th January||Friday||Chester||Jane Warner||FULLY BOOKED|
|20th January||Monday||Bingham, Nottingham, 10-4.30||FULLY BOOKED||FULLY BOOKED|
|22nd January||Wednesday||Danby, N Yorks||FULLY BOOKED||FULLY BOOKED|
|24th January||Friday||Formby, Liverpool||Clarissa Cetinfirstname.lastname@example.org FULLY BOOKED|
|17th February||Monday||Esher/Kingston/Surrey||Mark Hayhurstemail@example.com Mark Hayhurst Eventbrite booking form|
|19th February||Wednesday||Cranleigh Surrey||Trish Paulfirstname.lastname@example.org FULLY BOOKED|
|21st February||Friday||'What Doctors Don't Tell You' Conference, London||N/A||N/A|
|23rd February||Sunday||Brighton Hove||Al Stewartemail@example.com|
|23rd March||Monday||Henley on Thames||PRIVATE||PRIVATE|
|25th March||Wednesday -||Oxford||Mrs Cookfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|27th March||Friday||Bedminster, Bristol||Gerri Roweemail@example.com|
|1st April||Wednesday||Lampeter, Ceredigion||Rachel Schroder NOW FULLY BOOKEDfirstname.lastname@example.org NOW FULLY BOOKED|
|3rd April||Friday||Cardiff||Stephanie Lashford||Stephanie@sanford-Clinic.co.uk|
|4th May||Monday||Uttoxeter, Stafford||Jennifer Latchfordemail@example.com / Jennifer@uttoxeter-osteopathic-Centre.co.uk|
|6th May||Wednesday||Southport||Darci Canavanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|8th May||Friday||BANK HOLIDAY||BANK HOLIDAY||BANK HOLIDAY|
|30th May||Saturday||Swan Hotel, Hay Festival||Sarah Myhill|| email@example.com - 9.30 lecture and workshop 10.30 to 1pm
Morning and afternoon
|22nd June||Monday||Hebden Bridge||Rosie Blunnfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|24th June||Wednesday||York||Caroline Dearden||FULLY BOOKED|
|26th June||Friday||Nottingham||Kathryn Whiteemail@example.com|
|14th July||Tuesday||Scotland||FULLY BOOKED||FULLY BOOKED|
|16th July - TO BE CONFIRMED||Thursday - TO BE CONFIRMED||Stirling Scotland - TO BE CONFIRMED||PRIVATE||PRIVATE|
|18th July||Saturday||I am in Scotland this weekend for famiy celebrations.|
|NO WORKSHOPS||NO WORKSHOPS||NO WORKSHOPS||NO WORKSHOPS||NO WORKSHOPS|
|7th September||Monday||North Devonfirstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com|
|9th September||Wednesday||Mid Devon||PRIVATE||PRIVATE|
|26th October||Monday||Stockport||Dulcie Williamsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|30th October||Friday||Stockport||Ben Wickensemail@example.com|
|9th November||Monday||Bexhill, Sussex||Carole Coussensfirstname.lastname@example.org.|
- “Ecological Medicine” [due out January 2020]
- "Diagnosis and Treatment of CFS and ME - it's mitochondria, not hypochondria!"
- "The Infection Game - life is an arms race"
- "Prevent and Cure Diabetes - delicious diets not dangerous drugs"
- "The PK Cookbook - go Paleo ketogenic and get the best of both worlds"
Sarah Myhill Limited :: Registered in England and Wales :: Registration No. 4545198
Registered Office: Upper Weston, Llangunllo, Knighton, Powys, Wales LD7 1SL, UK. Tel 01547 550331 | Fax 01547 550339