DHEA (saliva) single
|Test Details for Ordering
|DHEA (saliva) single
|To order this test, please, go to Ordering Tests.
Please, make sure you have read When not to use this website to ascertain whether having this test is an appropriate and safe course of action for you.
[UPDATED APRIL 2022]
Please note - postage
- UK clients - please use Royal Mail or the courier to return samples - YOU PAY FOR THIS YOURSELVES ie complete payment on the courier form if you wish to use the courier.
- Overseas clients - my Office will charge you a courier fee to ship the test kit to you and this will be billed along with the test kit, but you must organise and pay the courier return fee ie fill in payment on courier form.
All kits come with shipping instructions for returning the samples.
Here are the relevant Genova documents explaining the procedure:
I usually check salivary DHEA levels in patients with fatigue syndromes who are not responding to my normal work up. It is done as part of the Adrenal stress profile - salivary with saliva samples collected over 24 hour. The result also includes salivary cortisol levels.
This single sample test is used to check the level of DHEA in a patient who is on a course of pregnenolone supplementation. Please see Common Hormonal Problems in CFS - Adrenal
This test is performed on a single saliva sample taken at 8 am.
The kit for this test includes one collection tube, packaging materials for transporting the sample(s) in the post, a request form and a pre-paid envelope for sending the sample to the laboratory.
- Collect the saliva sample following the instructions enclosed with the test kit.
- Make sure that your name, date of birth and time and date of the sample are correct on the tubes
- Make sure all the necessary details are correct on the request form.
- Please, note that there is an interpretation fee for my letter to your GP. See Ordering Tests for more details.