|Test Details for Ordering
|To order this test, please, go to Ordering Tests.
Please, make sure you have read When not to use this website to ascertain whether having this test is an appropriate and safe course of action for you.
[UPDATED JULY 2022]
Please note - postage
- UK clients - please use Royal Mail or the courier to return samples - YOU PAY FOR THIS YOURSELVES ie complete payment on the courier form if you wish to use the courier.
- Overseas clients - my Office will charge you a courier fee to ship the test kit to you and this will be billed along with the test kit, but you must organise and pay the courier return fee ie fill in payment on courier form.
All kits come with shipping instructions for returning the samples.
Here are the relevant Genova documents explaining the procedure:
This test is performed on stool samples collected over 3 days and provides a detailed assessment of gut flora. It reports on bacterial and yeast flora, both beneficial and pathogenic as well as looking for parasitic micro-organisms such as amoeba, blastocystis hominis, cryptosporydia and giardia lamblia etc. . It also provides an overview of available treatments and their efficiency for treating bacterial and yeast dysbiosis.
The analysis is carried out at Genova Diagnostics in the USA.
This test is performed on three stool samples.
The kit for this test includes: collection tubes, collection cups, detailed instructions, plastic bags for sealing the samples, a request form and an addressed envelope for sending the samples to Genova Diagnostics Europe in Surrey.
- Collect the samples by following the instructions enclosed with the test kit.
- Make sure that your name, date of birth and date sample taken are correctly entered on the sample tube.
- Make sure all the necessary details are correct on the laboratory request form.
- Please, note that there is an interpretation fee for my letter to your GP. See Ordering Tests for more details.