5G – the WHAT the WHY and the HOW
Note - I have linked the most salient studies and papers below but do not wish to overwhelm the reader with a long list. One can find 310 more studies in Professor Pall's free 90 page pdf book as linked below, and also many more studies are linked from the various other links as below, e.g. there are 40+ studies linked from Dr Sarah Starkey's presentation.
5 G is big money. The electronic industry has become a multinational industry as rich and powerful as Big Pharma, agrochemicals, and armaments. 5G will be as pernicious as all three put together.
- statista.com puts global revenue for the electronics and telecommunications industry for 2017 at US$1.4 trillion - Statista Valuation of Electronics and Telecommunications Industry
- pharmaceutical.com puts global revenue for the pharmaceutical industry for 2018 at US$1.2 trillion - Pharmaceutical.com Valuation of Pharmaceutical Industry
The electronic industry can only grow at the rate of flow of information. Originally this information flowed painlessly through telephone lines and now fibre-optics. But with mobile devices came wireless connections initially called first generation (1G) which started in the 1950s – a weak analogue system for the first mobile phones. As the need for wireless exploded, so the signal had to be increased to carry more information – and so the more intense second generation digital arrived, then 3G then 4G. As more information is needed, so the signal carries more energy, and this is where serious health problems arise. 5 G waves are particularly toxic because they are polarised, pulsatile and highly energetic.
There were between 30,000 and 40,000 mobile phone masts to give 4G coverage and it is estimated that another 400,000 masts will be needed for full 5G coverage, and these masts will be bigger and more powerful. Reference - ‘400,000 extra phone masts needed to bring 5g network to rural Britain’, The Daily Telegraph, 30 March 2017
Cities will require a transmitter every 500 feet (150 metres), approx 40 per square kilometre. Reference - see EMF protector Website - 5G Towers near me which states that:
5G towers are small cell, they need to be in close proximity of about 150 meters (500 feet) of each other to provide proper coverage.
The Physicians' Health Initiative for Radiation and Environment ("PHIRE") has issued its 2020 Consensus Statement of UK and International
Medical and Scientific Experts on Health Effects of Non-Ionising Radiation (NIR)
The author is Dr. Erica Mallery-Blythe and this statement was issued
On Behalf of:
- British Society for Ecological Medicine (BSEM) - BSEM website
- Physicians’ Health Initiative for Radiation and Environment (PHIRE) - PHIRE website
AND Endorsed by:
- Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM) - ACNEM website
- Environmental Health Trust (EHT) - EHT website
- Italian Association of Doctors for the Environment (ISDE Italia) - ISDE website
- Oceania Radiofrequency Scientific Advisory Association (ORSAA) - ORSAA website
- Radiation Research Trust (RRT) - RRT website
You can download the full 15 page consensus here:
Is there 5G near you?
Check your Postcode and Network here:
Carcinogenic effects of 5G
We already know that the weak signals of 2 and 3G are carcinogenic.
EM radiation causes malignant brain tumours namely glioma. See Mobile Phone and Cordless Phone Use and the Risk for Glioma - Analysis of Pooled Case-Control Studies in Sweden, 1997-2003 and 2007-2009, Hardell and Carlberg, 2015 The researchers concluded that -
- any mobile phone use increased the risk of glioma by a third
- using 2G phones for 15 to 20 years doubled the risk
- 3G phone (smartphones) use for 5 to 10 years gave four times the risk (the research was carried out before the launch of 4G phones)
The results resonate with an earlier 2014 French study which found that ‘heavy’ mobile phone users (with 896 hours or more cumulative call time, or about half an hour daily use for 5 years) were 2-3 times more likely to develop a glioma compared to non-regular users. See Mobile phone use and brain tumours in the CERENAT case-control study, Coureau et al, 2014
4 and 5G will be much worse because they carry much more information, and so the signal is much stronger and so much more damaging to all life including humans.
The carcinogenic nature of mobile phones is further evidenced by the increasing incidence of glioma concurrent with mobile phone use and that such cancers occur in the temporo-frontal lobes (the area most irradiated by a mobile phone held to the ear). See Authors' Comment on “Brain Tumours: Rise in Glioblastoma Multiforme Incidence in England 1995–2015 Suggests an Adverse Environmental or Lifestyle Factor”, Philips et al, 2018 which states that:
By 2008, we were seeing a statistically significant increased incidence in frontal and temporal lobe tumours…
Indeed, the study as above, Mobile Phone and Cordless Phone Use and the Risk for Glioma - Analysis of Pooled Case-Control Studies in Sweden, 1997-2003 and 2007-2009, Hardell and Carlberg, 2015 noted that:
The highest risk was found for glioma in the temporal lobe.
And also, that risk was dependent on age of first use, indicating that this problem will only worsen in the future:
First use of mobile or cordless phone before the age of 20 gave higher OR for glioma than in later age groups.
We are also seeing rises in thyroid cancer since this gland is irradiated when mobile phones are held to the ear.
Cancer Research UK reports a 164% rise in rates of thyroid cancer since the 1990s – Cancer Research UK Thyroid cancer incidence statistics and the following studies indicate the linkage between mobile phone radiation and thyroid cancers:
- Increasing incidence of thyroid cancer in the Nordic countries with main focus on Swedish data, Carlberg et al, 2016 which concluded that:
We postulate that the whole increase cannot be attributed to better diagnostic procedures. Increasing exposure to ionizing radiation, e.g. medical computed tomography (CT) scans, and to RF-EMF (non-ionizing radiation) should be further studied.
Note - RF-EMF radiation refers to mobile phones.
- Genetic susceptibility may modify the association between cell phone use and thyroid cancer: A population-based case-control study in Connecticut, Luo et al, 2020 which had the following ‘highlights’:
The interaction between cell phone use and genetic variants on thyroid cancer was investigated in this study. When some genetic variants were present, cell phone use was significantly associated with thyroid cancer. The association increased when cell phone use duration and frequency increased Genetic susceptibility may modify the association between cell phone use and thyroid cancer.
In addition, acoustic neuromas are also on the increase and ascribed to mobile phone use. Acoustic neuromas are also known as vestibular schwannomas – see Association between vestibular schwannomas and mobile phone use’, Moon et al, 2014 which concluded strikingly that there was correlation with the side of use of the mobile phone:
In the case–case study, tumor volume and estimated cumulative hours showed a strong correlation (r2 = 0.144, p = 0.002), and regular mobile phone users showed tumors of a markedly larger volume than those of non-regular users (p < 0.001). When the analysis was limited to regular users who had serviceable hearing, laterality showed a strong correlation with tumor side (OR = 4.5).
Experimental evidence showing the damage of 5G
(presented at the British Society for Ecological Medicine, London, Sept 2019)
- 2-week-old rats exposed to radiofrequency signals 1h/day for 3 weeks were hyperactive in adulthood and had cell death in their brains akin to Alzheimer’s see Age-dependent Effect of Long-Term Microwave Radiation on Postnatal Neurogenesis in Rats: Morphological and Behavioral Study, Racek et al, 2018. This is yet another form of “digital dementia”. Children absorb more radiation than adults and are more susceptible as they are developing rapidly. “Digital dementia” is a term coined by neuroscientist Manfred Spitzer to describe an overuse of digital technology resulting in the breakdown of cognitive abilities – see Spitzer’s novel ‘Digital Dementia’
- 5G is cardiotoxic – since introduction locally, the Santa Ana racecourse has had 30 racehorse deaths in six months. See New York Times report on racehourse deaths
- 5G causes depression – Bristol university has been used to trial 5G – since when student suicide rates have rocketed with 13 in 3 years. See Thuleanindependent article on 5G linked suicides at UK universities for details of Bristol as well as details for York and Surrey universities, also hit by a spate of suicides and also famed as ‘5G Centres of Excellence.’
- 5G causes infertility in males - reduces sperm counts - -already 62% of Swiss males are sub-fertile. See Semen quality of young men in Switzerland: a nationwide cross‐sectional population‐based study, Rahban et al, 2019
- 5G causes infertility in females – mice produce a litter of kits every 30 days. Those living in 5G stopped producing offspring at 90 days. This effect was cumulative and irreversible. See Wi-Fi is an important threat to human health, Pall, 2018
- 5G kills insects. Fruit flies (Drosophila) exposed to radiation show DNA fragmentation (carcinogenesis and mutagenesis). See Drosophila Melanogaster Show a Threshold Effect in Response to Radiation, Antosh et al, 2014
- Since the rise of mobile phones and radiation, 163 species of insect have been wiped out in Switzerland. Over the past 3 decades numbers have fallen drastically. See Swiss scientists call for action on disappearing insects for more detail.
- 98% of studies on real life exposures to radiation show adverse effects. The above effects were non-linear – sometime slow doses produce greater effects than high. This makes it impossible to state a safe level of radiation. SeePhire Medical Resources Page
How does 5 G and other electromagnetic radiations cause damage to all living creatures
We know from work by Professor Martin Pall that these radiations are polarised, pulsatile and highly energetic. These waves disrupt ion gradients, especially calcium, across cell membranes and so impact on all membranes, that is all living cells, that is all living organs, that is all living creatures.
- Also see Electromagnetic fields act via activation of voltage-gated calcium channels to produce beneficial or adverse effects, Pall, 2013
All cells are affected and so every organ will be weakened. Those people with current pathology will be the first to suffer, but ultimately everyone will be adversely impacted. Immunosuppression is inevitable and so increased susceptibility to all infections will result including Covid 19.
On this point also,
- See Safeguarding the Health & Development of Children’ - Dr Sarah Starkey, Neuroscientist, Independent Neuroscience and Environmental Health Research
Regarding the above presentation, and in addition to discussing and providing numerous links for concerns over:
- mobile phone use and children’s behaviour,
- mobile phone use and children’s cognition,
- mobile phone use and children’s mental health,
- mobile phone use and children’s cancers,
- mobile phone use and adult cancers and especially breast cancers (correlating cases where women keep their mobile phones in their bras and the site of the cancer),
- mobile phone use and male and female fertility, and
- mobile phone use and concerns over pregnancy,
Dr Starkey raises the concern of WiFi signals and increased antibiotic resistance of E Coli and Listeria m. See Evaluation of the Effect of Radiofrequency Radiation Emitted From Wi-Fi Router and Mobile Phone Simulator on the Antibacterial Susceptibility of Pathogenic Bacteria Listeria monocytogenes and Escherichia coli’, Taheri et al, 2017 which links in with Professor Pall's concerns over immune system effects as above.
Finally, for Professor Martin Pall’s free 90-page pdf book, please see 5G: Great risk for EU, U.S. and International Health! Compelling Evidence for Eight Distinct Types of Great Harm Caused by Electromagnetic Field (EMF) Exposures and the Mechanism that Causes Them
This FREE book lists a further 310 references.
You can download this FREE book here - Professor Pall's Free 90-page pdf book
No safety limits
Current safety limits used in the UK (ICNIRP) are set a million times too high for biological protection. See Phire Medical 5G facts
How to avoid 5 G
- Use wired connections not wireless. Connect your home to fibre-optic and only use connected devices.
- Reduce exposure in the places we spend most time - bedroom and workplace. Turn off the wifi when not using it. No electronics in the bedroom.
- Run mobiles on airplane mode, turn off mobile data, wifi, location sensitive wifi, blue tooth.
- THEN use a Healthy House monitor to see how well you have done. Measure your home’s electromagnetic pollution with Healthy House Meters and Monitors to ensure your environment is safe.
- You may need shielding materials to deal with EM sources beyond your control – see Electrical sensitivity for more details and links.
What you can do to prevent the roll out of 5G
- Get informed: Dr Erica Mallery Blythe was the most compelling speaker and one can join her campaign at Join Phire Medical Campaign …and I have
- Support a Judicial Review to reverse a British Government decision to proceed with 5G. See Action against 5G - Judicial Review. I have donated £50
- Copy and paste this FoIA Request to your local council - see FOIA request for local council re 5G…..and I have. Send this with a received and read receipt request.
These approaches are already working!
Who has already questioned / banned 5G?
See here for an up to date list: List of cities, councils, and countries that have questioned or banned 5G
- Statista Valuation of Electronics and Telecommunications Industry
- Pharmaceutical.com Valuation of Pharmaceutical Industry
- ‘400,000 extra phone masts needed to bring 5g network to rural Britain’, The Daily Telegraph, 30 March 2017
- EMF protector Website - 5G Towers near me
- Smobiegate - How Many 5G masts in my area?
- EE 5G Coverage
- Three 5G Coverage
- O2 5G Coverage
- Vodaphone 5G Coverage
- Mobile Phone and Cordless Phone Use and the Risk for Glioma - Analysis of Pooled Case-Control Studies in Sweden, 1997-2003 and 2007-2009, Hardell and Carlberg, 2015
- Mobile phone use and brain tumours in the CERENAT case-control study, Coureau et al
- Authors' Comment on “Brain Tumours: Rise in Glioblastoma Multiforme Incidence in England 1995–2015 Suggests an Adverse Environmental or Lifestyle Factor”, Philips et al, 2018
- Cancer Research UK ‘Thyroid cancer incidence statistics’
- Increasing incidence of thyroid cancer in the Nordic countries with main focus on Swedish data, Carlberg et al, 2016
- Genetic susceptibility may modify the association between cell phone use and thyroid cancer: A population-based case-control study in Connecticut, Luo et al, 2020
- Association between vestibular schwannomas and mobile phone use, Moon et al, 2014
- Age-dependent Effect of Long-Term Microwave Radiation on Postnatal Neurogenesis in Rats: Morphological and Behavioral Study, Racek et al, 2018
- Spitzer’s novel ‘Digital Dementia’
- New York Times report on racehourse deaths
- Thuleanindependent article on 5G linked suicides at UK universities
- Semen quality of young men in Switzerland: a nationwide cross‐sectional population‐based study, Rahban et al, 2019
- Wi-Fi is an important threat to human health, Pall, 2018
- Drosophila Melanogaster Show a Threshold Effect in Response to Radiation, Antosh et al, 2014
- Swiss scientists call for action on disappearing insects
- Phire Medical Resources Page
- Dr. Martin Pall: 5G Criminally Insane Electromagnetic Fields (EMF) Fry Living Things
- Electromagnetic fields act via activation of voltage-gated calcium channels to produce beneficial or adverse effects, Pall, 2013
- Martin Pall, PhD - Immune system effects of 5G mm wave radiation
- Safeguarding the Health & Development of Children’ - Dr Sarah Starkey, Neuroscientist, Independent Neuroscience and Environmental Health Research
- Evaluation of the Effect of Radiofrequency Radiation Emitted From Wi-Fi Router and Mobile Phone Simulator on the Antibacterial Susceptibility of Pathogenic Bacteria Listeria monocytogenes and Escherichia coli’, Taheri et al, 2017
- 5G: Great risk for EU, U.S. and International Health! Compelling Evidence for Eight Distinct Types of Great Harm Caused by Electromagnetic Field (EMF) Exposures and the Mechanism that Causes Them
- Phire Medical 5G facts
- Healthy House Meters and Monitors
- Join Phire Medical Campaign
- Action against 5G - Judicial Review
- FOIA request for local council re 5G
- List of cities, councils, and countries that have questioned or banned 5G
- BSEM website
- PHIRE website
- ACNEM website
- EHT website
- ISDE website
- ORSAA website
- RRT website
Sarah Myhill Limited :: Registered in England and Wales :: Registration No. 4545198
Registered Office: Upper Weston, Llangunllo, Knighton, Powys, Wales LD7 1SL, UK. Tel 01547 550331 | Fax 01547 550339