|Test Details for Ordering|
|Sample required||stool sample|
|To order this test, please, go to Ordering Tests. |
Please, make sure you have read When not to use this website to ascertain whether having this test is an appropriate and safe course of action for you.
There is no need to use a courier service if returning samples to the laboratory within the UK - simply use Royal Mail 1st class service or Next Day Guaranteed delivery. However, if you wish you can use the service offered by Genova Diagnostics, called Streetwise courier service. The test kit will have details of that service and the paperwork. Genova Diagnostics will charge you for this service. Current Streetwise delivery fee payable to Genova Diagnostics is £12.
This test is performed on stool samples collected over 3 days and looks for and identifies parasitic micro-organisms such as amoeba, blastocystis hominis, cryptosporydia and giardia lamblia etc.
If a more detailed assessment of gut flora is needed, then Comprehensive parasitology might be useful. This test reports on bacterial and yeast flora as well as looking for parasites in the stool samples. It also provides an overview of available treatments for bacterial and yeast dysbiosis.
The analysis is carried out at Genova Diagnostics in the USA.
This test is performed on three stool samples.
The kit for this test includes: collection tubes, collection cups, detailed instructions, plastic bags for sealing the samples, a request form and an addressed envelope for sending the samples to Genova Diagnostics Europe in Surrey.
- Follow the instructions for collecting the samples enclosed with the test kit.
- Make sure that your name, date of birth and date sample taken are correctly entered on the sample tubes
- Make sure all the necessary details are correct on the laboratory request form.
- Post the samples using 1st class Royal Mail service in the packaging materials provided, making sure that the laboratory request form is sent along with the samples. There is no need to use a courier service if sending samples within the UK.
- Please, note that there is an interpretation fee for my letter to your GP. See Ordering Tests for more details.