Here are the links to the archived news flashes:
♦ I am publishing the first two webpages in my series on "Infections - prevent and cure". The first webpage is an introduction and can be found here Infections: how to prevent and cure – first improve the defences and the second is specific to Influenza and can be found here - Influenza:prevention and cure
♦ A new YouTube has been added to my official YouTube channel. This was a wide-ranging discussion covering my upcoming book, The Paleo Ketogenic Diet, as well as issues contained in my 3 published books. Please see FilmIt Wonder YouTube Link
♦ I am pleased to make available the PowerPoint presentation that I gave to OMEGA on 5th March 2016. This talk was about the biological basis and treatment of CFS/ME. Please see OMEGA Talk
♦ There is now a new webpage on the "Menopause - possible causes of hot flushes and what we can do to mitigate them". This webpage discusses a biologically plausible mechanism for hot flushes, how to prevent and mitigate flushes and the impact of flushes on fatigue, along with sleep considerations. Please see here Menopause - possible causes of hot flushes and what we can do to mitigate them
♦ Following my talk at the Biocare Summer Conference on 13 July 2015 entitled "Diagnosis and Treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome", Biocare have very generously made video weblinks to all 4 of my sessions freely available. This comprises approximately 4 hours of material. Please see Biocare Summer Conference for more detail and the links.
♦ A new paper - Transcriptome profile analysis reflects rat liver and kidney damage following chronic ultra-low dose Roundup exposure has been added to my webpage Chemical poisons and toxins. Essentially this paper concludes that the most widely used pesticide in Western agriculture causes mitochondrial damage at miniscule doses. Initially this manifests with liver and kidney damage, which is not surprising given that these organs are metabolically highly active. But an extra concern is what of the brain, heart and immune system which are all also greatly demanding of energy?
♦ There is now a new webpage, "Reprogramming the Immune System – where conventional and complementary medicine can come together" This page discusses a four pronged approach to reprogramming the immune system in cases where immune tolerance has been lost. Please see Reprogramming the immune system
♦ There is now a new webpage, "Reprogramming the brain in CFS/ME". This page discusses the work of Dr Jon Kaiser and includes some suggestions for possible treatments in cases of CFS/ME where there appears to be a stall in recovery. Please see Reprogramming the brain in CFS/ME
♦ A major new review paper entitled "Assessing the carcinogenic potential of low-dose exposures to chemical mixtures in the environment: the challenge ahead" has been uploaded to my website and can be found at Chemical poisoning - general principles of diagnosis and treatment
♦ A recent paper (May 2015) entitled "In silico analysis of exercise intolerance in myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome", published by Nicor Lengert and Barbara Drossel in the journal "Biophysical Chemistry", provides further confirmation of Dr Myhill's jointly published papers. In particular, the paper describes how the cardinal symptom of prolonged recovery time after minimal activity results from reduced mitochondrial capacity. The full text of the paper can be located in the "External Links" section of CFS - The Central Cause: Mitochondrial Failure .
♦ Acumen Laboratory will be closed for an annual break from Saturday 2nd May until Monday 25th May 2015 inclusive. All the Acumen Laboratory tests offered on this website will be suspended for that period. This includes the Mitochondrial function profile as the majority of the profile tests are performed at Acumen. For those who already have a test kit for an Acumen Lab test, the last date for posting samples within UK is Thursday, 30th April (1st class post). Samples from outside the UK must allow the appropriate transit time. Test kits will be posted out in chronological order.
♦ With effect from 1st April 2015, I am increasing my consultation and interpretation fees. Please download Price List with effect from 1st April 2015 for my new fee structure.
♦ Following further research, I have updated these following two pages of my website : Thyroid - the correct prescribing of thyroid hormones and Hypothyroidism - diagnosis of
♦ Requests for the Mitochondrial Function Test are now available for new patients from 1st January 2015 - this is the only test I can offer to new patients at present due to excessive workload. Current patients can access my advice and book appointments as usual. Please see Mitochondrial test interpretations available for new patients from 1st January 2015 for further details
♦ Change in Protocol Guidance - I now recommend pregnenolone in cases of DHEA insufficiency. For full details please see Common Hormonal Problems in CFS - Adrenal
♦ Here you can find a useful Argument and Critique False Allegations of Child Abuse in Cases of Childhood Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) – essential reading if you are a parent caring for a child with CFS/ME
♦ 8th August - Sales at Dr Myhill launched! You can read more here...
♦ Webinar on YouTube: "CFS - it's mitochondria, not hypochondria! Clinical management of CFS"
If you missed yesterday's (Thursday, 15th May) live webinar, then the recording is already available to view on YouTube via this link: Clinical management of chronic fatigue syndrome by Dr Sarah Myhill
♦ Waiting time for your letter
Interpretation of test results - please have a look at this section, which explains the way in which I have to manage my work load.
♦ Oral immunotherapy news
It is time to revisit Oral immunotherapy: switching off food allergies using food before exploring the new page with all the practical details needed to start the oral immunotherapy ball rolling: Oral immunotherapy: Food drops - instructions for use.
♦ Webinar: "CFS - it's mitochondria, not hypochondria! Clinical management of CFS"
Please, join me at this webinar, organised by Igennus Healthcare Nutrition, on Thursday, 15th May at 6 pm UK time. You can sign up for it via this link: Webinar registration
If you sign up to the webinar (even if you don't attend) you will be sent an email after the event with a link to the recording of the lecture.
2nd April 2014It's official - it's mitochondria, not hypochondria!
- Fully revised and updated, my book on chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS/ME) "Diagnosis and Treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - It's mitochondria, not hypochondria" is available to buy from my office from today, 2nd April 2014.
- And here is a link to the e-version on Amazon Chronic Fatigue e-book.
- The first 40 pages of it can be read here.
- For details of how to buy and pay for the book please use this link to go to CFS - my book "Diagnosis and Treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"
♦ Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT)
A new interesting and very helpful article for CFS and MS sufferers in particular has just been added. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT)
- Recipes for the Stone Age diet and fermenting gut diet - Sally Phillippe has expanded and improved her brilliant recipe book for the Stone Age and fermenting gut diets. There are 44 new recipes. There are drinks, snacks and 'goodies' and desserts/puddings as well as new meat, chicken, vegetable and miscellaneous recipes to get stuck into.
- British Society for Ecological Medicine has a great new website, where you can find information, list of doctors, details of forthcoming conferences and more. For doctors and nutritional therapists who would like to join up with other like minded professionals please visit Join the BSEM for membership application details or contact Joanne Steers on 07864 637723.
- CFS - Catastrophe theory: why we get into and how we get out of CFS - please, click on the link in this page to view an updated version of the article on a catastrophe theory model of recovery from CFS.
- Oral immunotherapy: switching off food allergies using food
- CFS/ME support organisations - two wonderfully dedicated patients of mine have completely overhauled and re-written this page, so now it is a fantastic up-to-date resource for both ME/CFS sufferers and their carers.
- Correspondence by email with my practice - some measures I suggest to prevent delays in receiving correspondence from my office and thus avoid frustration and stress!
- Metabolic inflexibility
- B12 - rationale for using vitamin B12 in CFS - External links - there you will find a helpful guide to how to self-inject with vitamin B12.
- Growing Mutaflor - Note 2 at the bottom of the page about using different substrates to grow Mutaflor on.
- Faecal bacteriotherapy - new comment about bacteriophages in the first paragraph.
- CFS - Catastrophe theory: why we get into and how we get out of CFS
- Polymyalgia rheumatica - a common cause of shoulder and hip problems
- Nystatin - how to take it
- Fermenting gut - the Full Monty
FREE NEW BOOK on CFS! On April 20th and 21st, 2013, Amazon.com will be giving away free copies of "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Treatment Guide", 2nd Edition. The author is Erica Verrillo. You can read about the book and find advice on how to get your own free copy on CFS Treatment Guide's web page or by going directly to the book's page on Amazon.com
A third paper on mitochondrial dysfunction in CFS/ME entitled "Targeting mitochondrial dysfunction in the treatment of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) – a clinical audit" has bee published. Here is my press release introducing the paper. The full text of the paper is available from the press release or here
The Myalgic Encephalomyelitis International Consensus Panel has just published online the ME International Consensus Primer for Medical Practitioners. It is the clinical practice companion to the full Myalgic encephalomyelitis: International Consensus Criteria document published in the Journal of Internal Medicine in October 2011 (also available on the website of the National Center for Biotechnology Information NCBI http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21777306). The above links give access to the full text of each document.
Interim Order revoked
On 26th July 2011 I attended a review hearing in front of the Interim Orders Panel at the GMC in Manchester. As a result of the hearing the Panel decided that the Interim Order, imposed on my registration with the GMC in April 2010, was not necessary. The Panel's decision revoked the Interim Order.
All hearings cancelled by the GMC
The GMC has informed me that the proposed Fitness to Practise hearing, scheduled to run for 25 days from the end of November 2011, has been cancelled with no case to answer.
- On 6th January 2011 the Interim Orders Panel, GMC, made the decision to lift the suspension of my GMC registration and to restore my licence to practise medicine. The Panel again placed a small number of procedural conditions on my registration.
27th October 2010
Following the IOP decision on 14th October 2010 suspending my licence to practise medicine, I now give nutritional advice. As a result of this change to my status, my services are currently not exempt from VAT. This means that I have to charge VAT for consultations, either in person or by telephone or by letter. This includes interpretation of test results. To lessen the financial burden on my patients I am lowering prices for these services by 10% before adding VAT to them.
Please, accept this as notification of new prices, which took effect on 15th October 2010.
18th October 2010
The full text of the IOP determination delivered on 14th October 10 can be read here
15th October 2010
Yesterday, Thursday 14th October 2010, I appeared before an Interim Orders Panel for a review hearing. The Panel made a determination resulting in suspension of my registration for the remainder of the original order period, which is 12 months. A review is to take place within 3 months.
8th October 2010
The second Interim Orders Panel hearing took place on 7th October 2010 at the GMC offices in London.
30th April 2010
The General Medical Council have placed severe restrictions on my medical practice
My GMC Hearing on 29th April 2010 This details events up to April 29th.
- The "new look" website is here! I hope you like it Thanks to Terry Ellison I am very pleased to offer this "new look" website.
- Public access to the website - please, read this page if you are trying to create an account on this website.
- Please check here If you want to use GPS to get to Upper Weston...
Sarah Myhill Limited :: Registered in England and Wales :: Registration No. 4545198
Registered Office: Upper Weston, Llangunllo, Knighton, Powys, Wales LD7 1SL, UK. Tel 01547 550331 | Fax 01547 550339